Vail has extended its season and will close on April 17th. The reason…wait for it… Over a 70″ base and the snow continues to fall. Over the past two weeks Vail has gotten over 2 feet of fresh powder. That alone will put smiles on every skier and snowboarder’s face.
Now with the mountain staying open longer, what does this mean for you?
Vail Valley Magazine has the answers of what to do over the next twelve days. See below for our list of the top eight things to do in Vail before closing day.
1. Get on the Mountain! The snow is epic and there are over 4,000 acres open. As I write this it is actually snowing. Let’s pair the great base, the new snow and that it is Spring. There is nothing better than skiing in your tshirt on a bluebird powder day. So get out there and enjoy the mountain.
2. Spring Back to Vail. From Friday, April 8 through Sunday, April 10 the best live music and festivities come to Vail, Colorado. Come see Chris Robinson Brotherhood for FREE! They are headlining Spring Back to Vail. What a treat.
3. Vail Film Festival, April 7th through April 10th. Enjoy the 13th annual festival with over 67 films to choose from. A growing event that continues to draw huge crowds and sold out shows.
4. World Pond Skimming Championship, Sunday, April 10th. Who is going to take home the trophy this year? Join thousands of your friends to line up the mountain and watch characters huck and fly across the pond.
5. Lodging Deals, Deals, Deals. There are deals to be had in this World Class Resort. Why not take advantage of the fact that Vail has extended it’s season another week. With this added week of skiing and snowboarding comes added value.
6. Dining Deals. Stay tuned for our end of the season specials in the Vail Valley. But contact your favorite restaurant in the Vail Valley and ask what they are offering.
7. Closing Day. If you have never enjoyed a closing day, we recommend it. Get 20-30 of your closest friends, pack your picnic baskets and grab a deck on Vail. Get there early as they get taken. Typically you will get a bright blue sky warm spring day and enjoy the great snow that Vail has to offer. Do the same on April 10 at Beaver Creek. Oh, don’t forget your sunscreen.
8. Let’s shop! Seriously Vail has world class shopping as you are familiar with. Well now is the time to buy that special something that you have been eyeing all winter. It’s a local secrete but this is the time to buy.
Now get out there and plan to join us at Vail as the mountain is in the best conditions of the year, there are deals and fun times to be had.