For 25 years, The Scarab in Minturn has specialized in handmade oriental area rugs and kilns. The store provides custom-made rugs for traditional, Western, transitional and contemporary designs. Additionally, the store shares handmade jewelry, vintage collectibles and up-cycled merchandise recreated from found objects. “We are always creating, unfolding the mystic behind what we find beautiful, realizing the notion of finality is obsolete,” says Larry Stone, co-owner.
- Scarab co-owner Larry Stone acting as bartender for the affair.
- Janie Viehman and Kathryn Eddy.
- After 25 years, The Scarab has become a favorite rug store of the Colorado interior design
community, artisans and friends. It offers handmade area rugs, artisan jewelry and one-of-a-kind finds.
- A sampling of some of the great items besides rugs that The Scarab has to offer.
- Interior designers Amy Casey, Courtney St. John of Casey St. John; Marilyn Heaney of Slifer
Designs and Elizabeth Basso of Basso Interiors.